Marlene Bateman Sullivan will host a blog tour for her new book, Heroes of Faith: True Stories of Courage and Strength, from August 12–30.
Angry mobs and flying bullets weren’t the only things early Saints had to cope with. Heroes of Faith: True Stories of Courage and Strength tells the inspiring tales of stalwart Saints who rose above impossible odds and stood valiant in the Gospel. Learn from them how to use faith and courage to get through life’s trials with this heartening book.
If you are interested in joining the blog tour, please leave a comment with the date you’d like to post or contact Marlene via email.
Here is a brief description of the book:
Heroes aren’t born. They’re created.
Every culture, every country, and every person has a story to tell about heroes—people who rose above difficulties and impossible odds to emerge triumphant. Heroes of Faith: True Stories of Courage and Strength is a collection of 24 remarkable stories of stalwart men and women who stood firm and valiant in the gospel despite dangerous mobs, flying bullets, physical handicaps, extreme hardships, and dictatorial regimes.
Through this book you will discover that the simple—yet glorifying—courage that creates heroes is something you already have in your life. As you read, you will realize the potential of your own testimony to help you become a hero.
Meet the Author:
Marlene Bateman Sullivan was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, and grew up in Sandy, Utah. She graduated from the University of Utah with a Bachelor’s degree in English. She is married to Kelly R. Sullivan and they are the parents of seven children. Marlene loves animals and has two dogs and two cats. Her other hobbies are gardening, camping, and reading.
Marlene has been published extensively in magazines and newspapers and has written a number of non-fiction books, including Latter-day Saint Heroes and Heroines, Vol. 1; Latter-day Saint Heroes and Heroines, Vol. 2; And There Were Angels Among Them; Visits From Beyond the Veil; By the Ministering of Angels; Brigham’s Boys; and Gaze Into Heaven. Marlene also wrote the best-selling novel, Light on Fire Island.
Heroes of Faith Blog Tour Schedule
- August 12 – Karlene – Inksplasher/New LDS Fiction/Lisa – Ellsey/Shauna – I Love to Read and Review Books
- August 13 – Christy Dorrity/Diony George
- August 14 – Cathy – My Book A Day/Andrea – Literary Time Out/Kathy – Too Busy Reading
- August 15 – Michelle Ashman Bell
- August 16 – Tamara Heiner
- August 17 – JoAnn Arnold/Debbie Peterson
- August 18 – Colleen – For the Love of Books
- August 19 – Heidi – Geolibrarian/LDS and Lovin’ It/EmmyMom
- August 20 – Rachelle – Rachelle Writes/Christina Dymock
- August 21 – JoAnn Arnold/Ruth – My Devotional Thoughts
- August 22 – Teri Rodeman
- August 23 – Shirley Bahlmann
- August 24 –