Hey kids! It’s time to take charge in the kitchen. Become a young chef as you make your favorite foods and explore new recipes with everything from Game Day Hot Dogs to Lemon Shark Bars. Each recipe tells your parents when help is needed and also includes stories, jokes, and history about the recipes. You’ll be whipping up masterpieces in no time. Let’s get cookin’!
If you are interested in joining the blog tour, please leave a comment with the date you’d like to post or contact Christina via email.
Here is a brief description of the book:
Kids in the kitchen don’t have to make a mess—as long as they know what they’re doing! Teaching your children how to cook can be daunting, especially when you don’t know where to start. Wipe away your worries with this cookbook made specifically for kids.
Inside you’ll find tips for a variety of cooking techniques, a glossary for common cooking terms, and a book boiling over with recipes written for children such as Peanut Butter Morning Cake, Bobby’s Pork Chops, Pirate Eggs, and Banana Tacos. Along with interesting trivia and a section for needed tools, each recipe outlines which stages require adult help, and each process is broken down into simple, easy-to-follow steps.
Author of 101 Things to Do with Popcorn, Christina Dymock knows the adventures kids can find in the kitchen. Spending cooking time together can only help family relationships. So teach your children the skills found in Young Chefs, and be amazed that your new favorite meals came from the smallest hands.
Meet the Author:
Christina Dymock graduated from the University of Utah with a B.S. in Public Relations. She has been published in Woman’s World Magazine and several Chicken Soup for the Soul books, and she is the author of 101 Things to do With Popcorn. She resides in Central Utah with her husband and four children. You can follow their cooking adventures at teachingyoungchefs.blogspot.com.
Young Chefs Blog Tour Schedule
- June 4 – Emma – Uniquety
- June 5 – Diane Stringham Tolley
- June 6 – Ashley Rittman
- June 7 – Janene Baadsgaard/Dena – Books4Kids
- June 8 – Holly – 2 Kids and Tired Books
- June 9 – Andrea Coventry/Jenn – Eat Cake for Dinner
- June 10 – Sandra – Sandra’s Dance
- June 11 – Kimberley Griffiths Little
- June 12 – Christy Dorrity/Rachelle’s Writing Spot/Mashed Potatoes and Crafts
- June 13 – Shanda – LDS Women’s Book Review
- June 14 – Debra Elliott
- June 15 – Kathy – I Am A Reader, Not A Writer
- June 16 – Andrea – Literary Time Out
- June 17 – Marcella – Just Sugarcoat It/Cathy – My Book A Day
- June 18 – Janet K. Halling
- June 19 – Matt Peterson
- June 20 – Rachel McClellan
- June 21 – Alyssa – The Book Blog Experience/Jennifer – Mad Moose Mama
- June 22 – Jessie – Momvantage