Cedar Fort, Inc., a publishing company in Springville, UT, is looking for an acquisitions editor to join our publishing team.
Responsibilities will include project managing several books per month. This includes soliciting to find good authors, negotiating contracts, reviewing manuscripts for publication, working directly with the authors, and managing author expectations. The acquisitions editor will need to be able to work well with authors and maintain a strong relationship with them. This person also represents Cedar Fort to the public, to authors, at book conferences, etc. and therefore needs to have a positive and friendly attitude. You will also be doing substantive editing of manuscripts and the potential of some copyediting as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Writing or other related field required
- Minor in editing required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with a priority of accuracy
- Basic knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Good organizational skills with a proactive attitude
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge, Mac knowledge is a plus
- Experience in an office environment
- Proven ability to balance and prioritize multiple goals and tasks
- Work well in a cohesive team-oriented environment
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Passion for reading and writing
- Able to quickly read through manuscripts and evaluate them for quality
This is a full time position from 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday with an hour lunch break. Pay starts at $12.00 an hour. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Mike Gee at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Acquisitions Editor Position” in the subject, and we will consider scheduling an interview. Position open until filled. If you would like more information about our company, please check out our website at www.cedarfort.com.