Do you love books and media? Are you an illustrator with graphic design skills? This job might be the perfect fit for you.
Cedar Fort, Inc., a publishing company in Springville, UT, is looking for a highly motivated illustrator/graphic designer to join our team. The prime focus of this position is book cover design and/or illustration. Cedar Fort publishes around 140 books per year. The design team is responsible for designing the book covers and interior layout. Book genres include a variety of religious and non-religious fiction and non-fiction books.
Candidates should be excellent designers and possess a team player mentality. Critical responsibilities include project managing several books per month. This includes front and back covers, interior layout on full color books, and working directly with the authors and your team to get a final approved design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Illustration, Graphic Arts, or other related field is required
- Illustration skills are required
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite programs (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) is required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge, Mac knowledge is a plus
- Experience in an office environment
- Proven ability to balance and prioritize multiple goals and tasks
- Work well in a cohesive team-oriented environment
Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Able to take criticism on design work and make changes as needed
This is an exempt salaried position from 8AM-5PM Monday-Friday, with an hour lunch break. Pay starts at $12.00 an hour or $24,960K annually.
Please e-mail your resume and portfolio to Darren Poulsen, Director of Production, with “Graphic Designer Position” in the subject, and we will consider scheduling an interview. Position open until filled. If you would like more information about our company, please check out our website at www.cedarfort.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24,960.00 /year
Required education: Bachelor’s
Graphic Design: 1 year
Illustrator: 1 year